Sunday, November 09, 2008

Travel review - Wildlife Safari in the Serengeti National Park


Recently I'd started writing travel reviews for Cosmotourist, usually my own experiences travelling through anywhere in the world. I´m having a ball of a time, just recalling those days and penning them down and sharing my thoughts with like-minded travellers. It's a great site to get detailed tips and advices, check out my reviews at:


'Driving along the dusty mudroad in the middle of the vast Serengeti National Park, we saw thousands and thousands of wildebeests and zebras galloping along the plains, lazily grazing the grass, carefree and at ease in their natural habitat. I looked back from the opened rooftop of our 4x4 safari jeep, at the trail we left, and smiled. This IS what I'd been dreaming of. Wide vast land littered with animals, no buildings nor construction, just nature and how the stark naked earth. 

After a further 5km of wide green plains, the jeep came to a halt. There was a line of fellow safari craze, all watching in awe. There they were, two cheetahs just 2m away from the path, with blood dripping down their sharply jagged teeth, looking satisfied and unfathomed. A flock of vultures 100m away from them were feasting on something, seemingly the leftovers of the cheetah's meal. Our fellow travellers stared wide-eyed in respectful silence, as we heard the leopards sip from the puddle of rainwater. An amazing sight - it's not everyday that you get to see wild animals after a kill. 

Our fellow safari mate who have friends with safari experience, said we were really in luck to spot the cheetahs an inch away! Her father was in the same park, saw thousands and thousands of hyenas, giraffes, zebras and elephants, but not the fastest animal in the world. Soon enough, our luck had climbed a notch, and we were snatching binoculars from one another, peeking intently at an Acacia tree. Our alert and witty guide found the mystery animal with his naked eye, while some lucky ones spotted the animal right after using the binoculars, but me.. I was frantically searching for something I could not seem to find! 15 minutes of looking out through our opened rooftop jeep, I finally found it! The leopard was just lazily sleeping away on a branch, when all of us were admiringly staring at it! While the searching had given me a big headache, it surely made the wildlife safari more interesting and adventurous! 

So head out there! - I've heard you're sure to find an animal of your interest in the great wilderness of the Serengeti! '

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home