Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Africans I miss....

These are the amazing people I've missed..
all the wonderful people we met in Tanzania
all who affected our lives one way or another
n those we made us remember the beautiful country of Tanzania
for these people we've met along the way.



The one friend who's helped me all the way,
and who made me feel so at home.
Naomi was a fellow teacher at Bomani Primary School,
from day 1, she became a good friend
we hung out, had beers, n talked all about our lives
n countries..
I promise to be back, n definitely see her again.
Rose was our host, who gave us food n shelter,
told us very interesting tales abt her work,
and abt education in Tanzania.
A wonderful woman with a great heart,
passion for her work, n determination to help her country.


Our great friends who made us laugh,
who shared funny stories,
n are friends for life.
Deo, Adam, Ndossi and Rose.
We definitely miss them.


Brightness!
Brighty Brighty
Naomi's daughter..
ooo she makes my world go round n round..
she's sooo adorable, n i just love hangin ard her!



and of course, my amazing students!
Class 3 - the brightest, most disciplined n wonderful kids!
they laugh so much, they play hard,
n they wanna learn so much,
it's hard to imagine how some could have nvr gone to school
had their neighbours not reported on them.
Education is mandatory for children,
but some dont have the money to go to school...
it's sad bt the govt's working hard to change that now
and Im elated that the kids all know the importance of learning
and they all cherish life in school.




hahah mischievious bunch!
Nickson the naughty one,
that's Yasiri the smart ass one behind
the one on the right, Meckash, so earnest n sincere


smartest kid in class, Mikidadi
his best friend Bernard.
I love them to bits.
In some other classes, I just sit beside them
see them learn, n smile to myself



the bright future of Tanzania,
the girls of Class 3
Osiana, Neema, Diana, Asia..
all orphans in Light in Africa.
They are all happy, n love life as it is.
Diana on the right, is an HIV victim
but she's stronger than any other kid
and loves learning more than any one else.
I hope God blesses her, n grants her a chance at life.


Nora! A fellow teacher in school
she cheers me up whenever i feel down
she doesnt speak excellent english,
but she tries n makes us laugh all the time.
She's just soo down-to-earth, n sincere
i miss her sooo much already!
n her kid David!! awwww
This trip to Africa has been incredibly fruitfull
n without a doubt, a trip of a lifetime.
I know I'll be back soon,
n when Im there, I know Life will come to a standstill again
n it'll be as beautiful as ever...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home