Sunday, October 07, 2007

Livin' in tele-tubbies land

Had an interesting talk with a student of mine
about the media & politics, how the govt controls what we watch on tv...
and that was our conclusion,
that I'm living in tele-tubbies land.
lol.

I mean, it is true...
The real world is ugly, cruel and all abt the bling bling $
there's so much war (althou no longer involves armour, is still deadly),
so much destruction, so much fightin,
and too much unhappiness...

Some people have been thru' alot in life,
been there, done it and know that life's not what it seems..
These people are wise,
they always have the solution to problems in life..
but they cannot avoid the cynism and pessimism they inevitably trade off for.
It is sad, but there is always a point in life
when u just lose that sparkle u had as a kid,
the kinda bright illumination u used to look forward to, in life.

Having gone thru supposedly a quarter of my life,
I know what's going on out there,
there's evil, and there's good..
that Life, is not as simple as an average person deems it to be.
There are no true saints running to our rescues,
there is a hidden agenda behind the smiles....


BUT,
I prefer to see the goodness in people,
I choose to look at life in an 'ideal' perspective
I'd rather smile at the thot of the guy who helped me when I fell in the metro,
than dwell at the ugly behaviour of the boy who sprouted ugly words at the Africans...
Appreciating the good things and samaritans in life,
and Life can still be beautiful, like it used to be....

Living in tele-tubbies land
makes us happier,
I hope I dont lose that tele-tubbies innocence ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bing said...

ooohh...!! Nellie... Ur words breathe a gust of fresh air into my stagnant head.... Always good to muse about life once in a while.. Have a longing to do that u know. Having been through some shit myself, I do agree with u, I still see the goods in people. It's not all bad, there's always some goodness among all the pricks, which makes us alive and breathing, appreciate life better with good AND bad around. Looking forward to ur return, MAKAN attack!!! Hehe..

2:02 PM, October 10, 2007  
Blogger Ashley said...

wah the both of u so insightful recently. I've been too busy to do any self reflections! but i tell myself it's the honeymoon period, tt's y. haha. anyway bing, u see the goods in pple ah? what kind of goods u see huh? waha.

8:21 AM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home