Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Turning 25

Argh just feels so old.. the big 25
5 more years to turning 30,
time seems to be running out,
for achieving, for discovering the world,
for trying out adventurous stuff..

I always believe if u dont do sth before u turn 30,
u'r never gonna do it ever, in ur life.

anyhow life's been hectic, zooming past so quickly
my parents' just left Madrid
it was really nice having them ard,
showing them ard Madrid, trying all sorts of Spanish food,
telling them bout my life here..
I'm really glad that they saw Granada, Madrid..
my home for the past year..
n met Alberto's family,
his home, our environment..
i feel that they really know abt my life here now.

It is obvious they dont worry for me anymore
they know i take good care of myself
n surprise surprise, they encourage me to stay on here,
since ive built up my own life here..
they can tell Im happy here, I have my own life here,
n that Ive come a long way.

Thinking back on those days before leaving for London,
I had no idea what I had in store for me
I expected the scrimpin n saving, the cooking on my own,
and working hard just to pay the rent..
bt what I didn't expect - was how much I loved this way of life,
being independent, creating my own life, making new frens..
Setting up a new life in a new country
is never easy.. n it feels good to have come this far ;)

A year ago, I cldnt possibly communicate in Spanish
But now, I feel comfortable talking to a stranger
in this language which has sorta become my fren&enemy..
It was tough fighting n working hard to establish that
confidence n strength to live in this country
yet, I loved ever single second of it. ;)

Right, gotta take time to upload pics
i wanna remember everything abt this beautiful life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home