Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Travel travel travel










Came across this travbuddy website
this map shows where I've travelled to,
it really doesnt look like much on the world map
How biggg is this world.....

it amazes me sometimes how sm pple
can just assume that they've travelled the world
when they really havent even seen a whole continent..
The World's too big to be explored completely
and I wld be happy enough to uncover it inch by inch..

It's always been my passion to travel
I guess it started with island hopping in SEA
Had this really good travelling partner Jwenda,
we wanted to see the same things, we had the same pace,
we were young n full of energy to see the world.
we dont keep in touch at all these days
it's a pity cos I rarely find someone right to travel with.

I realise how impt it is to travel w a right partner.
Then again, there is NEVER a 'right' travel partner,
there are only suitable travel partners,
whom u have the same aim,
feel comfortable with n have no qualms making decisions w.

I have found the perfect one,
Alberto has been my best travelmate.
I never felt mentally exhausted or the need to be alone,
when I travel with him.
I always feel relaxed, nt stressed to decide where to go,
wat to do.. it always seems like a real travelling experience, with him ;)

Anyhow, this year's been filled with lotsa travelling,
I'd almost fulfilled my destination list: (for the NewYear 07)
1. Turkey
2. Morocco
3. Venice
4. Egypt & Africa --- nxt on my list! saving hard for it!!
5. South America-- that will have to wait...till we get enuff savings..

Dont get me wrong,
Travelling, to me, isnt about conquering the world,
or ticking off a list of 'places-to-go-before-i-die'
it's about a whole process/journey of discovering myself,
of taking a step closer to finding out what life is.
It's the beauty of discovering someone else's culture, traditions,
their heritage and their way of life.

World's too big, life's too short
I still have loads to uncover.
I can't wait to see more of this earth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home