Wednesday, January 03, 2007

XMas & New Yr 2007



Yes the new year's here
2nd Xmas in Granada
with Alberto n his family.
We spent a whole week in Granada with his family.
Look at this family photo of his,
woa his uncles, aunties all flooded in on Xmas
n it was great fun,
big feasting, laughter n family fun.
I miss my family....


they were so nice to me,
Spanish are generally v receptive to foreigners
not to mention me being Chinese
obviously v different from them.
It was a real nice dinner
I was touched by how they all took care
of his grandma..



IVAR ( home-alone no more!)
oops u know wat I mean Ivar..LOL
the white boy came over to visit Damien
n we didnt stop drinking
until he went back!
yes he's become a fullblown alcoholic
welcome to the AA club..



he made us laugh so much
Alberto n I always have so much fun with him around
if only he came to Madrid to study spanish
instead of barcelona
hah! serves u rite for having no frens!
*ok i take that back*


the loonies playing it out on futbolling
so funny to see them so engrossed
in a silly football match.



Nxt day, obviously hungover
we climbed up to the Mirador
for the beautiful views of Granada






Our dream bar
so I brought Alberto to this jap tapas bar Mariko recommended
we both felt the urge to set up a bar just like this!
the tapas were realli good, jap teriyaki
the owners were a jap-russian couple
i talked to the jap girl
n was realli nice to see how they entertain their customers
how the bar's small, so its kept to a cosy, chillout spot
me & Alberto have a new dream now!
we'r working towards end of 2008.
a bar of our dreams.





I met Mariko for some shopping
n tapas at another Sushi bar
free sushi as tapas!!
the chicken teriyaki n tempura was supergood!
I'm so excited abt her new rendezvous lol..





Saturday we went to see a musical
Peter Pan
Alberto's mother treated all of us to the show
the whole theatre was full..
n it was pretty good, my first time at a musical.









NEW YEAR'S EVE
SIERRA NEVADA!!

Highest mountain in Spain,
I love the drive up there
the snow, with the sun shining on it
it does feel alil like heaven...


this was probably my favourite day
I loved how it was so naturally beautiful
nothing can alter that
Nature's wat home lacks.





Busking in the sun and snow!
We rented a sledge to ride down the slopes
was so much fun!!
wanted to do this back in Lake Tahoe, Nevada
but I was alone n no one to play with
Finally I get to do this with Alberto!
but he hurt his ass when we bumped on a rock hehe


Chilling under the sun
in the snow
I cant get over the fact how it felt so warm
amidst the snow...






New Yr's eve dinner
So Spanish has got a feasting tradition
Dinner's supposed to be even grander this time round
so I had my huge share of
big prawns,lamb chops, beef etc
awww the food was magnificent!






the clock striked 12o'clock
as we followed the spanish tradition
n popped 12 grapes,
1 at each dong of the bell
it was a great experience, i guess..lol
was so nice to have his family around


Bad thing was I fell sick after
n had to leave awhile at the New Yr's party
with Alberto's frens
I didnt feel too good
n didnt like his cousin much
sigh was a real lousy new yr's eve night
hope 2007's gonna be good thou!
Im sure it will.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my dear frens..;)

P.S The holidays are not over yet
there's still the 3 kings' day this wkend
it's supposed to be the biggest festival in Spain
bigger than Xmas
so I cannot imagine how its gonna be like!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunshye said...

I'm soooo envious of the life you are having now. Who cares if you're not earning big bucks now? Who cares if you doesnt have a prospective career? You have living a life not many pple are living.. You are with the man you love and who loves you deeply. You are travelling and seeing the world you alwayz wanted. You are making frenz who show you the other parts of world outside Singapore. Although your truest family and frenz are physically in Singapore, you know our hearts are alwayz with you wherever you go.

See ya soon!!

2:08 AM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Nell said...

awww so touching.. Sheila.. Im really glad to hear that, n yeh im really happy here. I'll see u back in Singapore soon ;)

10:55 AM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home