Monday, January 15, 2007

The Music in my life

Just put up a song on my blog
by Chambao..
she has some cool Flamenco chill songs
I really like her style
anyhow, been listening to some Spanish music
these days n I've been charmed...

I realise how I listen to different types of music
at different stages of life..
I've never been a huge fan of music
but it still played an impt part
in my life, n everyone else's i wld think so.

Listening to Aerosmith's 'Crazy',
brings me back to that night
as I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge in NewYork
on a tiny bus from Boston
I missed everything so badly then
Alberto, Miami,
and it brought out so much feelings in me...

Then it was a whole collection of hiphop songs
that reminded me of days in Miami
Outkast's 'The way you move',
Beyonce, Lil' Jon, Busta Rhymes..
they all represented this beautiful part of my life
when we boogeyed n partied n had the best time

Janet Jackson's 'That's the way Love goes',
Soul music acompanied me thru the days of emptiness
as well as soul-searching
it brought back my soul n my senses.

Then there was a period of head-banging rock
Green Day's 'Wake me up when Sept ends',
Hoobastank's 'The Reason', n 3 Doors down's 'Here without you'
they were some juvenile happy times
partied n drank with my fav group of frens n sister

Now Ive been indulging in some latin music
Alejandro Sanz 'a la primera persona'
Amaral, Julieta Venegas...
make me think of my frens here in Madrid
n the fun n laughter we had...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home