Friday, January 12, 2007

Life Stories

So much happened today
that I decided to sacrifice my friday nite
writing some interesting stuff...

Met a new student today
a rich executive riding his pussy-magnet Alfa Romeo roadster
yes, i got a ride to his bachelor pad heh
Hard to imagine how people are interested
in our traditional Mandarin language!
apparently he is genuinely interested in the language
n he's so keen to learn
i declare him my best student.

Upon leaving the apt,
I asked ard for directions to the metro station
started talking to this Bulgarian middleaged woman
she looked all haggard, tired n sick of life.
she talked to me alot,
about how she hates living in Madrid
how life has been so expensive after the Euro came upon,
how little they earned in Bulgaria n how she misses her son
these experiences always stay in my mind
for a while..n make me ponder alot
Different aspects of life make me bewildered..

I recall the old Chinese lady i talked to on a bus in San Francisco
she ended up bringing me all over Chinatown
bought me buns, told me her life story, her sons
and how she escaped to America from China...
I'll probably remember her for a long while.
I learnt alot, from just listening ...

These days Ive been spending lotsa time on the Metro
travelling from one class to the nxt
I've come to realise there is no escaping the morning rushes
peak hours spent squeezing into the Metro
sweating in my winter coats,
while shivering the minute i step outta the station
Life everywhere in the world is like that
(unless i move to the suburbs n be a housewife,
or have a car! *lucky bastard alberto*)
So I start to tell myself to enjoy the ride
By the way, Madrid has got one of the best Metro system ive seen
Singapore being the best HONESTLY, n Hongkong maybe
(NewYork's was a slump, London was a shit
the tube was suspended 200 out of the 365days in a year,
despite them being the first underground transport systems in the world)

This morning was as usual,
every inch of space in the metro taken up
all of me squashed up into a tiny corner
every single urban dweller wearing a frown on his face
n we all marched on reluctantly to make a living...
But today they brought a smile to my face.
An old man with a walking stick squeezed into the crowd
but immediately someone gave up his seat
not only that, everyone squashed doubly
to make a path for him
it was like a phenomenal thing for me
not that it doesnt happen anywhere else,
but it just made the world seem more beautiful at that moment.
You might not understand,
but these lil things make life better, dont u think?

Anyhow,
Another odd thing happened at the commissionary place i went
for some visa application thingy i needed for work
so there I was, waiting in line
when I heard this American flaring up, while arguing with the officer
he started asking if anyone spoke English
everyone stared with wide eyes,
while I, out of the blue, stood out timidly
n tried to help with my broken Spanish
So i kinda did, bt not too much,
the pissed-off American ended up thanking me,
n bid farewell to the officer with 'You'r such a cunt!'
LOL.
Right, so the minute I stepped outta the commissionary
this Chinese man came up to me
n asked me if I spoke Mandarin to help translate
I said a weird yes, haha,
n tried to find out what they wanted me to do
I ended up using my broken spanish to talk to the officer
Meanwhile, another Chinese woman came up to me
asking for help again!
So imagine me, stuck infronta the commissionary
acting as a translator for godknows who..
so it was kinda weird,
althou I didnt manage to help much
But it felt great
to be of help to people.

today's been a bad day for Alberto thou
he had a minor car accident on his way to work!
just a slight bang but im glad he's fine ;)

oh n he bought a Playstation
n Im officially his second love

oh n we wanted to go Venice for Valentines' Day
but alas, we decided off it,
I realised our downfall (financial) in London
was due to my incessant urge to travel
so no more of that, Im gonna meet my saving plan for 2007!

Au Revoir to all
Miho is coming to Madrid end Jan!
Xindi KK I'll be waiting for u guys in May too!!!
Bring some instant noodles for me pls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home