Friday, September 08, 2006

A sense of familiarity in a foreign land

As I wind down the window
to let the summer wind blow across my face,
enchanting spanish guitar music fills my soul.
I am lost in the mystical tune,
and a foreign conversation in a language
that is familiar, but yet unreachable.
I sit in the car with Alberto & his loving parents,
and see the little lights of that familiar city getting closer & closer..
This is gonna be my home for the next few months or so,
how would my life be...
I would never know until I find out for myself.

It feels really odd,
it´s my fifth time in this faraway quaint lil city - Granada
full of culture, idiosyncrasies, hippiness & laughter
everything seems familiar, a sense of knowing,
but yet, everything is still so foreign,
a long haul from home.
the streets, the lights, people´s demeanours,
the way his family embraces me,
the way they laught heartily
and yet I yearn to understand what they´r laughing abt, but can´t
there are just so much things I love about the city
but fail to ever stretch out my hands and understand

I´m not sure if I would be happy here
but i guess i wont know until i find out.
Happiness doesnt lie around for u,
you hafta grasp ur own happiness.
Like wat i read in a really good book,
´Life is not a prelude to anything magnificent, life is a journey itself,
live every minute like it is your last´.
Perhaps she´s inspired me alot - ´kite strings of the southern cross´
Laurie Gough described her perilous yet adventurous journey
thru the world and how she found the essence of it all.
it´s beautiful like life itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bing said...

=) i am happy for nellie!! while on one hand i am here listening to you during our laggy long distance phone calls talking about how much you miss home and wanna come home, at the same time inside me i'm like "gogo! go explore! go to the unknown!" no matter what your family, your friends (us!) and loved ones will be here for you. and i feel that it is the unknown and life's challenges that keeps you (esp you nellie) alive, so i'm always very happy for you when you said you wanna do this, go there, do that. throw up your hands in the air and run for it! =) though i miss you badly but nothing is more satisfying than knowing that a dear friend is out there fulfilling her dreams. but in the mean time, waiting here for you to come back so that we can "chill" together~~~~

2:48 PM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home