Thursday, April 06, 2006

Immersing in new thots

Havent done much thinking since I´ve been here,
or rather haven´t had the time to myself, to stop and think
remember I used to stare into space all the time
and my mind´s like a horse, running wildly in infinite space

Was on the bus home, from the university
really exhausted from a long day, esp a hectic day at work
A Chinese couple was sitting infronta me
both were in their late 20s
but yet, I was eavesdropping on their conversations
and the lady was going on and on, abt how pple dress and talk here
conservative, narrow minded ideas...it reminded me of how i didnt like the culture back at home
At least Singapore´s not as bad as the traditional chinese

It got me thinking of my conversations with the Asians I´ve met
and it just dawned on me
how when we met, there´s this natural instinct to kinda judge how westernised this asian is
i seem to give pple the impression that i am very westernised,
perhaps due to my open mind,
but somehow, i liked my conversations with Jeremy
it kinda opened up the chinese in me,
there´s always this balance
no matter how influenced you have been by other culture,
there´s always this tradition in you
i like the way I am.

Last Friday was a hilarious episode
met up with Suzy, one of the Asians, and we had loadsa drinks
Ruben came to join us at Chiquitos, a mexican joint in central
and it was soo fun laughing at our stoopid accents
and missing home food...ahh...
then Alberto came to join us, while we were away
a weird brit guy started talking to Suzy
and he had this huge head, with funny hair,and was so self conscious
anyhow, he just made us laugh all the way
thou i didnt like how the nite turned out hmm..

It´s been a fruitful week
I like my spanish classes
Evening class in the university keeps my brain working
if not it´s gona be stagnant from the monotously hectic work
Clinical chemistry can be soooooooo tuff, need to read up loads bt been too lazy..

Oh! and i was in high spirits yesterday (of cos, was dampened by hazel today)
had soo many reasons to be.
My 7'days leave for May has been approved, and
we booked our tix to Crete, Greece!!!!! yodelllehooohoo
one of my dreams....we´r gg island hopping to Santorini, Mykonos n Athens!
and Easter´s coming soon, which means Hazel´s off the whole of next week(happiest thing)
and we´r gg to Spain, alberto´s home again!
Yeh, i know everyone thinks how do i afford all the travelling..
i feel bad abt not contributing to my family sigh..
we both dont earn much,
but i guess we eat at home everyday, we havent got much of a social life with others
and we dont spend too much on entertainment
that´s how we save up to travel, travel, travel

I love a life with an aim
thou not exactly an ambitious aim
but life´s more than materialistic achievements, it´s abt chasing ur dreams.
AND im so glad all my frens n my sis are getting nearer to their dreams
Salud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home