Thursday, April 27, 2006

The best Easter in my life!

7-days of easter break in Spain was ALL i needed
- it was all about the Sun, Tapas and Sangria ;)
6 mths in bloody dull London hasnt done much good to my energy level
so that came at the best time to perk me up!

I dragged my completely exhausted body (after a tiring week at work)
to the foreign land of Granada yet again
for the third time to be exact,
it felt familiar but yet that sense of new surroundings still intrigued me
this was the best visit thus far
I could almost find my own way round the city now
I recognised landmarks, and streets
and I knew which were my favourite places that I wanted to visit again n again..

We spent most of our time, just chilling in tapas bars
under the sun, alfresco, watching how life passes us by..
- aft 6 mths of NO sun,
i was willing to sit under the hot sun even if my head was bursting into flames
I finally got my tan back!!!!!!
(before Bing sneers again) it's not only abt the tan!
it just feels sooo good going under the sun again,
getting that energy back
feeling revitalised...
you guys shld really treasure the weather in Singapore man..

We visited all my favourite places again
that cafe at the Mirador (look-out place with an incredible view of the city)
the streets lined with Arabic teterias - Granada is highly influenced by Moroccan culture due to their proximity
-we went to a tapas bar along that street and just watched how the gypsies n hippies play drums n make merry
the Paseo de tristes - the bohemian street beside the river

this time round, we spent 2 days in Alberto's beach apartment!
was an hr away from the city, in Salobrena
and it just seemed a lifetime since I've been to the beach
(i know im exaggerating but the beach is my life! )
the winds were alil strong, but we had so much fun just talking , at the beach bar
and making our own dinner n
laughing at spanish tv shows in the cosy beach apartment ;)
One of the best nights was spent in a bar/club with Alberto's pals
the freakos were soooo hilarious,
just talked abt loadsa weird stuff to me, made me laugh
was great that they were drunk! lol
if not they wont be talking to me much in their limited English
really had a fun night cos they made that effort to talk to me,
n they'r just so much fun n laughter

Most importantly, we managed to catch one of the last Holy Week Processions!
it's one of the most celebrated festival in Spain, or rather countries with Catholic beliefs
I never knew Spanish are so religious
but it was very interesting to watch the processions up close
how the hoodies (pple dressed in gowns, n tall sharp hats
- in disguise to cover their sins n ask God for forgiveness)
and the people carrying the statue of Virgin Mary
marched down the streets, year after year
to commemorate the rising of Jesus Christ after death..

Really enjoyed the trip
but once again, it's back to reality - work again in London
Oh! but we just moved to our new home last weekend
sooooooooooooooo happy in our new place,
it's much more spacious,
bt we'r paying only a tad bit more than wat we used to
instead of a tiny 25x25sq metres studio,
we have a living room, a bedrm,
a kitchen n a bathroom (with our fav bathtub! )
and now we reeally have a home. ;)

Life's gooooooooooood....

P.S. I'm going to a new club launch this Fri with my asian frens yipppeedeebaaadooooo

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

yo! sorry missed your call tt time, was fightin with jq. haha. u really m bored at work hor, always leavin comments in everyone's blog. have fun in europe yah! must grab the chance to travel as much as u can.

6:43 AM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home