Monday, February 20, 2006

Thoughts of tranquility

Had quite alot goin on in my life for the past few wkends
time to chill and relax..n save my pocket!
Was a quiet and fulfillin weekend
spent some quality time with Alberto
and had some personal space to think abt stuff..

woo~~had a great time watchin DVDs on a lazy Sunday
cried my heart out over the soppy & touching movie 'The Notebook'
based on a novel written by Nicolas Sparks.
I've always been a big fan of his, and read all his books
wanted to catch it for quite awhile.
It made me ponder..
can love really last..I never thot it would
but it just might..you never know.
Sometimes I think i need to let it all go
and let that power take over me.

The next movie got my heart pumpin fast man
'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' - it's one of the best horror flicks I've seen
adrenaline pumpin, and the eerily insane texas background was just so realistic.
It's based on a true story..
it got me wanting to know more about what actually happened
and I went on the net and read about it
it might not be true after all..
but i guess the mystery and suspense just makes pple more intrigued, & drawn into it.

I've never been a movie typa person,
Movies just make me feel alot during the show
but it seems to be short-spanned, and it just doesnt have that effect on me aft awhile.
Books are different,
I feel alot more, and there is that infinite space for imagination..

Spent a nice Saturday with Alberto,
just hanging out in Central London and visiting the National Gallery.
Not an Art person myself,
it was still an oddly intriguing experience to see some of the world's most renown art pieces
how peculiar for a scientific person like me to be drawn into the unfamiliar mysteries.
Wondered around Picardilly circus,
chanced upon a few books that I'd really wanna read
gonna add those on to my if-i-have-extra-$-i-would-buy list. (pocket's running dry)

Had a more-than-incredible time at the pub on Sat night with Alberto ;)
Living with him has made this dating thing seem far fetched
we see each other 24/7 and we know each other thru n thru
but somehow that hasnt stopped us from enjoying each other's company so much
We talked, and laughed over drinks at the pub
and I never felt happier ;)

Went home and listened to all the most memorable music
We swayed to George Michael's 'I can't make you love me'
one of my favourites, romantic and melancholic
We rocked our heads to Green Day's 'Wake me up when September ends'
that reminded me of our Chinabar days - one of the best in my life, so much fun ;)
We grooved to Outkast's 'The way you move'
those days in Miami where we partied to these hiphop tunes
Music seems to have followed our lives - growing up, experiencing ups n downs, embracing life..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news: I've been offered a permanent contract in my present company
thank god for that, it puts my mind at ease
the job sucks big time, no challenge, no job satisfaction
but it gives me money to do what i want, and that's enough.
Alota things planned in my new life - travelling being my priority.
March, it'll be Paris! Can't wait to follow the DaVinci code path..Musee du Louvre!
April will be Spain again, for Holy Week - i'd love to see the Catholic parades n celebrations
June - Berlin for World Cup - to meet my pals from Miami! hopefully it'll be a reunion for all
Summer in Greece! hopefulli, crossing my fingers that I can take a longg vacation in summer ;)
The great thing about my perm contract is that I've got a raise in my salary,
and 22 -whole days of annual leave!!! wohoo~~

Meantime, I've been doin quite abit of thinkin..
Wanna do some things to improve myself
not to waste time on a job that has no future
Initially, after this 2-year UK stinct, my plan was to study Spanish intensively in Spain
but now I thot, I could start my spanish classes now in London
Have more or less decided which school to go, lookin forward to that!
Looking thru the university courses,
I found some interesting short courses that I might be able to take to improve myself
it's great that they'r opened to the general public
In the long term, i really wanna do a Masters in Biomedical Engineering
but meanwhile, I thought I might be able to readup,
do some short courses and learn more about it...
Hopefully, all these fall within my budget
and my life here might be more fruitful than anticipated!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bing said...

=) felt happy reading this entry of yours~ it IS pretty incredible to be able to have the feeling of falling in love with the person even after being with him for sm time, 24/7 even. ahh...makes me reminisce about me and Xian last time...

lately i been thinking a lot too...one of which is also the thing about whether love really lasts....i guess u can never know. cuz forever nvr comes, and we are ever-changing...and love is such an abstract idea...who is to say what is and what is not..? and to say lasting love..til...? 20 yrs? 30 yrs? but then again, each unit of time - the present moment, if it is to be fully contributed to and filled with love, then perhaps love really can last....who knows? =P

wish you were here, i been doing so much thinking lately...need to talk to you~! miss those times when we relax with our drinks, and just talk about things...ooo did i tell u our fav cafe costes is no more?? miss the cheap and nice sexy sangria there hah...

aight mate, see u soon in europe! i mean it!

5:25 AM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home