Friday, December 16, 2005

A pounding headache on Friday - damn!

Sometimes I hate working here
too many reasons..
there are nice people here
but there are more annoying people here!
Wat to do..I need the money,
and it's a good opportunity
sometimes I do enjoy the work
but alota the times, it just pisses the hell outta me

People say I complain too much
If you are in my shoes,
faking a front in the office,
u'll know why Im blabbering here.

By the way, I've wanted to write a list since I've been here.
A list of 10 things I hate about the British.
Oh dont get me wrong,
I've been reeealli happy here
I love my new life,
it's a new start, a refreshing and very different environment
It's me, I need a change of environment all the time
that's why Im here
I've been having a realli happy time with Alberto
he makes me happier than anyone else
everyday, I look forward to going home
lying in his arms and bitch abt our day

anyway, no more mushy stuff
and it's not like I didnt expect this,
I've met many British before
and I've never liked them
u ask me why would I come to the UK then?
that's cos it's the easiest country to move to!
it's the only place I can get a working visa!
If not, I would be in somewhere with Sun,
like Spain - cheap booze, frenly people..

TOP FIVE THINGS THAT I HATE ABT THE BRITISH:

1. Their disgusting accents!! EEUU i can NEVER get used to that. C'mon, they think their English is perfect - I know more words than some of them do.

2. Arrogant smirk. Walk with noses in the air. n it's not just how they look - it's wat I observed when I speak to some of them. and it's the truth - my European frens (all) admitted that Europeans tend to think they are of a higher class than the others (referring to Americans - they think they have no class/culture, wat abt Asians?! where do we stand???) AND the British think they'r a higher class than the Europeans - that they'r the TOP of the class. HAH..amazing

3. Extremely unfriendly. They dont smile to you when u walk past them (possibly like Asians haha). A great example: I was in the tube, carrying loadsa groceries. Snatched a seat and my dear oranges fell outta my bag, all over the place (yes imagine that!), and NOBODY helped me, they just remained seated, reading their books, pretending to be oh-so-wise, and continued with their business while pathetic me had to handle my own shit.

A typical day in the tube: everybody squeezing into the tube, fighting one another, snatching seats, and not even giving them up to the old ladies (c'mon, I know that happens in Singapore every single day, but halo?! at least we've got a heart, we give up seats to people who need them more! ) that's wat I hate abt this city London - beautiful and all that - but it feels like I never left home - I wanna go somewhere less hectic , where people smile and say hello to brighten up ur life.

4. FAKE and superficial. Oh yeh, tell me about it. People used to say Americans especially those in Miami, the beautiful and 'oh-i-think-im-so-cool' people, are the superficial ones. I don't deny that, but those I've met here, have obviously been much worse than those lots. U can always tell when a person is genuine. trust me, it is rare to find someone who is soo genuine here. Pretending to be ur best fren one moment, and the next, turning their back on u.

5. Extremely inefficient. My experience with HSBC was the worst I've ever had - possibly anyone cld ever have. It wasnt any fault of the UK's branch, but u cant imagine how slowly people work here. They probably earn the most money in the world, with their currency being the strongest. but they work SO slowly I wonder how they get stuff done. I had to make a major complaint to get a manager to help me. wayyy too rigid - in the head. And we've been waiting 3 weeks for our Internet broadband to be connected..damn.

Right,
to be fair,
I have met many reeealli nice people in London
like my colleagues
Vimal is extremely genuine, frank and down-to-earth
he hates Hazel and it's so obvious lol
Tom is soo nice and helpful
he aint no fake superficial guy
Others I've met,
like the lady who helped me with my luggage
as I was dragging it up the stairs at the tube station
She's not british! haha
and this old man, who gave me a ride home from the Supermarket
when he saw me carry sooo many bags
He's turkish! HAH!

anyhow, Im realli good here

I will survive!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunshye said...

hey nell,

glad u've received the xmas card from me n chris.. :)

well, the previous time when i went to UK, my family n i had exactly the same sentiments as u... London pple are so bloody arrogant. :/ but we also realised, as we moved north, the pple gets friendlier.. more humane.. hahha.. u find them so cosy n nice to tok to..

so in general, i guess city pple are like tt.. try going north when u are freer.. u will noe wat i mean.. :)

6:37 AM, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home