Friday, December 30, 2005

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!! my first White Christmas

Finally, it snowed!
i was sooo excited as we were whisking away in the white snow
it wasnt as exhilarating as I had imagined
but the feeling was incredible when snow fell on me ;)

on my flight back from Granada to London,
it was incredibly beautiful
as we descended upon green fields covered with thin layers of white snow
pure beauty of England
I was amazed by the sight
there were British architectured colonial houses covered with snow..

but yet I was cursing and swearing
cos we waited so long for the snow and it only snowed when we were in Spain!
wat the.. :P
so there I was, biting my lips with anger
and dragging our luggage home
when we saw tiny flakes of ice falling from the sky
literally, like a white feather slowly peacefulli falling
I'd probably never forget that first snow ;)

Christmas in Granada was fantastic
one of the best Xmases I've had
Alberto's family was full of warmth, welcoming me with opened arms
althou they didnt speak English,
they were full of smiles, laughter and happiness.
His family - grandma, uncle, aunties, cousins were all there
it was a huge table full of people
and we had 3 days, 3nites of feasts...
wooo yummy n i luvv Spanish food
and there was Cava, Cider, Spanish wine flowing all day
it was full of family festive atmosphere
I wished I was with my family,
but it was nice to be with his too ;)
i luv to see how Alberto is so close to his grandmothers
the way they kiss and hug each other to show their affection
and even Alberto's parents still hug n kiss their parents too..
family values are realli important in Spain
and i think that is the best part of their culture.

Granada was beautiful as ever, even more so in winter
we went to our favourite haunts
the luxurious Alhambra Hotel, that stood high up,
we had a nice Christmas tea in the cafe that overlooked the whole city
and met up with all his frens
I particularly loved this Moroccan Teteria (middle eastern tea house)
where we smoked Sheesha, had Arabic tea..
the street lined with teterias, Arabic stuff, full of Moroccan culture there
and We met up with Fede at nite for some drinks too!
I'l always love the tapas bar in Granada and the drinks!

The best part was when we went up to Sierra Nevada
second highest mountain in Europe (so wat?! haha)
beautiful snow mountains just next to Granada
too bad it was a foggy and rainy day
Alberto drove , n it was a scary trip up
but when we got there, it was sooo crowded
with all the holidaymakers fighting to ski haha

Anyhow, the trip to Spain was realli good
a good break for us too

This morning it snowed again on my way to work ;)
it's been freeeezing cold lately
with temperatures dipping to almost zero degrees.
*brrrrrr..*
my ears and fingers feel like they'r dropping off any moment :P

Well, the New Year is coming!
Im looking forward to it,
tonite we'r having a party at Joana's house
hope it'll be fun! Alberto's putting on his nicest suit haha
New Year's eve will probably be REAL crowded along Thames River
but i'm looking forward to witnessing the best NewYear's parade in the world
and grand fireworks at the London Eye and Big Ben!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
2006 will be a great one

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

So fun!!! anyway i'm goin BKK in jan with jq n her sis. shld be makin an appointment with my doc. hope he'll be free. so exciting!

7:19 PM, December 30, 2005  
Blogger Bing said...

sounds grreeaaatt~~!! i can imagine along with your vivid description (heh) being actually there and experiencing the cross-culture-weather-landscape-people bonanza...goodgood, have some more great fun!

i been good lately, though it's the festive season, time for fun hahah but focusing on my design for now, and skool is starting, taking 2 modules which i like, human computer interaction and internet programming. looking forward to it~! trying out some new stuff with mixers at lila also, new year, new music~!

guess my life always revolves around 3 of my fav things..no 4. music, design, multimedia programming and DRINKS woohoo~~ but feel like quite an uphill struggle for now, cuz everything's still in the process and the final products of all those things are not out yet. but i'm working hard, to fulfill my dreams.

been looking at news on rebuilding works in asia - tsunami struck countries, natural disaster struck countries...perhaps next yr, i might forgo my nepal trip to chip in to help.

7:22 AM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger Sunshye said...

wooo... sounds so heartwarming.... envious lehz... i wanna live like u! hahah..

anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! hope it's a wonderful 2006 for u! :)

Hugs,
Sheila (n Chris sent u his regards too)

2:08 PM, January 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home